You read that right! Doggy Yoga (Doga) is a trend! Doga is a great way to ease old joints or make sure your pup is staying healthy if they aren’t a runner. Here are some of the basics, try them out and send us your pictures!
- Chaturanga Have your dog lay on its stomach while you stroke its back. (Just like everyday, right?)
- Chair This pose requires your dog to sit on its hind legs while you hold the dog from behind and raise its front paws in the air. (Maybe get a little belly scratch in there too!)
- Savasana Your dog lies on its back while you stroke its exposed belly. (okay, we think maybe a pup made this one up!)
- Puppy Paw Mudra This pose requires your dog to lie on its stomach with its front legs extended outward. You kneel down behind your dog and place your head on its back while holding its front legs outward with your arms. Then you turn your head to one side.
- Heart-to-hound Mudra This pose simply requires you to place one hand on your heart and the other on your dog’s heart. Close your eyes and breathe slowly.
Our favorite part about Doga? It’s all inside in the AC – your dog will thank you!